Knowledge is power! Take action against dental amalgam mercury by learning about it.
The IAOMT cannot stress how important it is to know the facts about dental mercury if you want to free yourself from it and/or to help end it at large. Having a detailed understanding of the issue will equip you with the information you will need to end dental mercury in your own life, in the lives of your family, in your community, and the world. We have a number of resources for you to explore on your journey to take action against dental mercury, and we truly hope you will take the time to read them so that you have the background you need to make a difference.
- Know the facts about dental mercury by using our webpages and fact sheets.
- Learn about our Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique (SMART) before you go to the dentist to get your fillings out. Consider using our checklist for patients and dentists if you plan to have your fillings removed.
- Utilize our materials for patients to understand your rights, including how to talk with your dentist.
- You can also search for an IAOMT dentist in your area to discuss your specific health concerns.
Join forces with others to take action against dental amalgam mercury!
A number of international, national, and regionalized non-profit organizations are seeking people like you to participate in their work. Learn more about these groups, take time to read the resources they have collected for you, and most importantly, enlist yourself to help them in their shared goal of putting an end to mercury fillings. For example, these groups often organize campaigns to petition lawmakers to pass anti-mercury legislation, to protest injustices related to public and environmental health as a result of dental mercury, and to coordinate consumer participation in government meetings and discussions about the issue. Your participation in these groups is essential, and your ideas, input, and insight are needed and welcomed:
Groups to Consider Joining
- Californians for Green Dentistry
- Consumers for Dental Choice | Take Action Page
- Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions (DAMS) | Get Involved Page
- Hidden River Health Challenge
- Mercury Free Baby
- Pennsylvania Coalition for Mercury-Free Dentistry | Phone: 610-649-2606 | email: [email protected]
- TALK International | Get Involved Page | Legislation Page
- World Mercury Project
Additional Groups With Resources to Assist You
- Australians for Mercury-Free Dentistry
- California Bay Chronic Mercury Exposure Support Group
- Coalition for Mercury-Free Drugs (CoMeD)
- Dr. Tom McGuire’s Mercury Safe Dentists
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine (IABDM)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Natural Health 365
Track legislation to take action against dental mercury and all mercury!
Use the internet, your local news sources, your dentist, and government announcements to track pending mercury legislation that impacts your area, and sign up to speak at meetings about these laws and regulations.
As noted previously, a number of the groups listed above also monitor major decisions being made about dental mercury, and these groups can guide you as to where and when your involvement would be most helpful. For instance, local governments have passed measures related to curbing the use of dental mercury and/or its waste, including notable examples California, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. Consumer demand for such changes has proven to play a major role in these decisions, so your ability to check on and participate in these events is very important.
For national regulations related to mercury, public comment is often allowable. Use the following link to search for “mercury” and then select Comment Period Open: www.regulations.gov