- 1/23/2012 – IAOMT to aid UN global phase-down of mercury fillings.
Academy is unveiling an educational technical program to assist interested nations in facilitating a UN global treaty’s requirement to phase-down use of dental amalgam fillings.
PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1yRkZ)
- 1/6/2013 – IAOMT Panel of Experts going to the UNEP INC5 meeting, where the worldwide treaty to ban trade in mercury and its products will be finalized. See the profiles of our delegation.
- 12/30/2012 – “The Doctors” TV Show to feature amalgam toxicity.
Stacy Case, Fox Network reporter, tells her story of recovery from MS after removal of her mercury fillings. Interview with Dr. Boyd Haley supports the testimony, and gives the lie to rebuttals by ADA representative and others.
- 12/03/2012 – Hidden River Press Release -Sharon, Massachusetts
Poisoned Mom asks Town to Learn, Reduce Mercury, Improve Health
-Sharon, MA Town Meeting to Include Mercury Dental Amalgam Issues-
Press Release Poisoned Mom Asks Town for Action
- 04/16/2012 – Report on the Real Cost of Dental Mercury released for Earth Day.
Dental mercury fillings pollute the environment, contaminate fish and are far more costly for taxpayers than the alternative tooth-colored material, according to a new study released today by a broad coalition of health, consumer and environmental groups.
Concord Report Earth Day Press Release (86 KB)
Full Report on the “Real Cost of Dental Mercury” (1.2 MB)
- 10/23/2011 – U. S. State Department Announces Position on Mercury Fillings
WASHINGTON, DC, [Oct. 23, 2011]—For the first time in history, the U.S. Department of State (DOS) is evaluating international regulations that would ban mercury-containing products including silver/amalgam dental fillings, which contain 50% mercury and are already in the mouths of more than 122 million Americans.The DOS will present their official position on the use of mercury in amalgam fillings and other medical devices at a stakeholder meeting on Monday, October 24th.
IAOMT News Release for State Department Mercury Stakeholders Meeting
- 7/29/2011 – FDA agrees with IAOMT – ADA President misrepresents the results of the December 2010 Amalgam Hearing
In which Dr. Shuren confirms the accuracy of IAOMT attorney Jim Love’s summary of the December 2010 hearing, and contradicts the distorted pro-mercury slant promoted by Dr. Gist, the ADA president. Also attached is the original July 11, 2011 letter from Jim love to the FDA, summarizing the hearing in detail and explaining why the ADA position misrepresented the facts.
7-11-2011 IAOMT to FDA
FDA’s Dr. Shuren responds
San Francisco community activists confront Dr. Shuren: Press Release
- 12/01/2010 – Background and releases for December 2010 FDA scientific hearing on amalgam mercury
The attached releases are prepared in advance of the December 14 – 15, 2010 FDA scientific meeting, that will examine late breaking information about mercury exposure from dental amalgam fillings. This hearing was called by the FDA in response to “Petitions to Reconsider” their classification of dental amalgam as Class II, or generally safe.
Background and Releases for December 2010 FDA Hearing
- The Philadelphia Story
Since 2002, mercury-free activists in Philadelphia, led by Freya Koss, have been fighting to make the public aware of the hazards of mercury in dental fillings. Here is their archive of press articles.
The Philadelphia Story